How WayHome Works with
Role of Coordinators
Coordinators play the vital role in making recommendations on what housing option best suits the NDIS Participant.
WayHome does not use Coordination, Exploring Housing or Housing Design funding, which means these resources can be used by Coordinators to give objective, independent advice and guidance to NDIS participants.
Coordinators can sign up clients onto the WayHome platform and nominate as Contact to be the formal contact. The Coordinator represents their client on the WayHome platform, including setting up profile, as well as connecting and messaging with housing options.
Working with WayHome Help Team and local facilitators
- Work with WayHome Help Team to ensure the right NDIS funding is in the client’s NDIS plan
- Work with WayHome Help Team to get the right agreements in place to provide clarity on roles and expectations, including the support to be provided and payments to be made.
- Ongoing checks – ensuring clients are happy and safe
- WayHome has a national network of local ILO facilitators who conduct reference checks and police clearances, training, risk assessments, as well as ongoing prescribed visits to ensure the highest standards of quality and safeguarding
- WayHome staff work hand in hand with the client’s Coordinator to report and consult on any housing and housing support risks observed.
Role of WayHome
WayHome is an NDIS registered online platform that brings people with a disability with a housing need together with people offering different housing options, and then works with all parties to put arrangements in place necessary for people to be happy and safe.
For clients and supporters matching via the WayHome platform and making use of NDIA Individual Living Options (ILO) funded supports – WayHome is the NDIS provider of the arrangement (Host, Co-residents and Housemate arrangements).
For clients and supporters matching via the WayHome platform and making use of NDIA Supported Independent Living (SIL) funded supports – WayHome can be the preferred NDIS registered provider of the arrangement depending upon client and group home owner wishes (Shared and group living arrangements).
For clients and supporters matching via the WayHome platform and making use of NDIA Specialised Disability Accommodation (SDA) funded supports – WayHome is not a registered SDA or housing provider, but brokers connections between clients and housing providers.